"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time, they just have the heart."
All non-profit organizations rely on their volunteers. Our missions are often overwhelming, and we often don't have enough staff (or in CPR's current situation, no paid staff at all). Volunteers are the foundation of what we do, and we need all of you.
But as a volunteer, what can you do? Here are some ideas:
Help in 15 minutes by:
Help in one hour by:
Help in two hours by:
These are just a few ideas. Please see the list of available volunteer staff positions below. There are so many ways we need you, and so many ways you can help. Besides helping the animals, there are other perks for being a volunteer! You might even be named as "Volunteer of the Month". Every minute that you volunteer makes a difference in the live of a pet who is waiting for a new home.
If you aren't already on our volunteer list, fill out our online volunteer sign-up form. Please note that all volunteers must sign this waiver as well. (The waiver will open as a Microsoft Word doc.)
If you aren't sure where to get started, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help you find a way to use your time to help a pet who needs you.
Chicago Pet Rescue is looking to fill the following volunteer staff positions. Some of the benefits of joining the CPR staff include: helping to make decisions that will better the animals that we all care about; discounts on CPR events and items; advanced notice of rescue happenings; and other perks!
Please email email@example.com if you'd like to help.
1) Event Coordinator: Position entails planning and being creative.
2) Foster Pet Coordinator: Position coordinates foster pets and their families.
3) Vet Coordinator: Position coordinates medical needs for CPR Pets.
4) Website Content Manager: Position involves editing the website, email newsletter and some graphic design.
Web Site Shopping
Other ways you can help:
- Sponsor an animal
- Foster an animal
- Provide computer and website help
- Generate publicity, ads or articles
- Solicit prizes for events
- Join a fundraising committee
- Become a fundraising coordinator
- Become an adoption or special event coordinator
- Become a grant writer
- Host an event or gift drive
- Spread the word about CPR by sharing/posting/printing our brochure
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can volunteer at a future event or have other ideas. All volunteer opportunities are listed on our events calendar.